On the LevelUp Reader learning platform, students are rewarded with credits to be used in LevelUp Land, an immersive, fun gaming environment designed to motivate students to succeed.
Fun and Games
Students can switch between an array of worlds, or “scenes,” in LevelUp Land, including an elf town, a Wild West landscape, a stately castle, and a tropical pirate cove. Students can unlock new scenes based on how many cumulative credits they’ve earned. Teachers and educators can control how much playtime kids are allowed with easy-to-use controls. The LevelUp Land component can also be disabled for one or all students. Visit the Basics for Students page to read more about LevelUp Land.
“As schools and education departments embrace the importance of play-based learning in primary grades, it is wonderful to have products like Rosen’s LevelUp that have already integrated games, open-ended play, and other aspects of kid-friendly fun into a seriously powerful reading program that teachers love.”
Rewarding Students Is Effective
Rewarding students is not a new concept. The idea of offering incentives to motivate young children is a proven method to improve classroom performance. Below are just a few of the reasons for effective learning through the use of a controlled reward environment.
- Promote the Completion of Assignments: When students lack the desire to complete assignments, rewards can be an effective way to encourage students to finish what they start.
- Motivate Students: Rewards are a great way to get students excited about their work.
- Encourage Participation: When children see others enjoying rewards, they too want to be a part of the excitement.
- Build Self-Confidence: The feeling of accomplishment provided by a reward system can help to build student self-esteem.
- Provide Kids with a Much-Needed Break: The LevelUp Land gaming environment provides an outlet for creativity in a fun and relaxing environment.
If you already have access to LevelUp Reader, you can use this form to get support. You can also give us a call at 800-237-9932. If you do not have an account, you can use this form to request additional information or a demonstration. If you are ready to get started with a free trial, click here