For detailed information on the theoretical and practical applications of the Lexile framework, how other technologies are used to support LevelUp Reader, and the ways in which digital resources can enhance learning environments, select from the PDFs below.
- Lexile Educator Guide: A brief introduction to the Lexile Framework for Reading.
- Neglected No More: Addressing Text Complexity in the Early Grades: A discussion of MetaMetrics’ efforts to provide text-complexity guidance for early-literacy educators.
- The Text Complexity Continuum in Grades 1–12: Further details on MetaMetrics’ research into grade-level text complexity distributions.
- Stop Summer Academic Loss: An Education Policy Priority: This white paper outlines the need for students to have access to level-appropriate reading materials throughout the year.
- The Hippocratic Oath and Grade Equivalents: A discussion of the need for educators to be more attentive to the metrics used to assess student performance.
- The Lexile Framework for Reading: Development and Validity Evidence: A technical description of how the Lexile framework measures text complexity.
- A Theory of Action: The Lexile Framework for Reading and The Quantile Framework for Mathematics: A discussion of MetaMetrics’ ongoing efforts to develop useful and appropriate ways to link assessment with instruction.
- The EdGgate Standards Correlation Methodology: Discover how the EdGate correlation process incorporated by LevelUp Reader provides accurate alignments to educational standards.
- Examining Text Complexity in the Early Grades: Learn how choosing texts for early-grade students is critical for improving reading skills.
- How Audio Promotes Literacy: A visual guide to the benefits of audio in early education.
- Reading Levels Crosswalk Chart: This table shows the alignment across various reading level systems.